Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 19

I am glad to say that I have been sleeping a little bit better. Thanks to everyone who suggested things for me to try. Some nights are better than others, but at least I've been feeling slightly more rested, which is good.

A couple annoying things that happened this week are that I had one more leg cramp, and a few nose bleeds. These are not big things, but still, not so much fun to deal with.

An exciting thing is that I have been feeling the babies move around A LOT! I haven't felt anything that I'm sure is a kick yet, but definitely lots of movement. I don't think it can be felt from the outside, but I sure can feel them moving around inside! It's actually a very strange feeling, sort of as if something inside my belly is flipping around. Maybe there really are babies in there?

Week 19 belly picture!

I spent some time this week researching the possiblity of a home birth with twins. I spoke with many midwifes in the area and found out that there isn't anyone who does twin home births at this time. Out of the two midwife pratices who would normailly consider doing it, one is on an extended leave, and the other won't do it because they don't have the support of the hospitals in the area. There is one other midwife who would consider it, but she is based out of Worcester, which is about an hour away.

So at least now I know what options I have. I'm a little disappointed that a home birth will not be an option for me, but it's not such a big deal.

I did find out through all my phone calls, that the Midwifery Center would accept me as a patient! They are the other practice besides Hampshre OB (which is who I am with now) that is associated with Cooley Dickinson Hospital, which is where I am currently planning to deliver the twins. I set up a time to meet with the people at the Midwifery Center next week, to see how I like them. I think even if we end up staying with Hampshire OB, it's good to look into other options. The person I spoke with on the phone from the Midwifery Center seemed to think that it wasn't required in their practice that I deliver in the operating room. If that is really the case, I would be tempted to switch to them. We will see.

2 comments:

  1. One of my friends delivered at the Midwifery Center last year and loved it! Good luck!

    I had terrible leg cramps towards the end of the pregnancy, and someone recommended more electrolytes and water. I started drinking a ton more water and had one thing of gatorade a day and my leg cramps almost went away. That is, until the swelling feet :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had leg cramps too when I was pregnant with Atom. I was told it had to do with not having enough calcium. I took calcium supplements after that and it seemed to improve a lot.

    ReplyDelete