Monday, April 11, 2011

I get a kick out of you!

(Written by Brett)

Last night, for the first time, I felt the girls kicking! We were getting ready for bed, and Jenny told me to put my hand on her belly. Right away, there came one of the biggest kicks Jenny has ever felt from inside! It was unmistakable, and several more kicks followed within seconds. I'm really excited that I can now have a more direct connection with the girls. I know that I'll have years and years of connection after they are born and that the momma gets to (has to) carry them around for nine months, but I've been eager to share a more intimate knowledge of the girls.

I feel so lucky that Jenny and I look at life in such similar ways, and that we get along so well. I was away for the weekend, and while I was gone (to a Scrabble tournament in eastern Massachusetts) we both struggled to keep an even keel without the other partner around. So, when I came home Sunday evening, we were both relieved to be back in our normal routines and comforted by each other's presence.

When we rode across the country last summer, we had to work through so many things *together*. That really did solidify our relationship in some ways, and we are so glad that we took that whole summer to complete our dream adventure. Having done that together, we fight or have hard times significantly less often, and we are ready to move to a new adventure in our life, even if this new adventure is a bit intimidating at times.

3 comments:

  1. Guys, just wanted to let you know that we're following along, and I loved the sentiments of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Brett this is so exciting!! I'm so very happy for you both! I might have to come by for a kicker myself! :)

    ReplyDelete