Friday, May 20, 2011

Week 27

It has been raining all day, every day this week. I am looking forward to drier weather this coming week so that I will want to be outside more and we can plant cucumbers, melons and zucchini in the garden.

On our anniversary, we went out to lunch at Paul and Elizabeth's. The food was delicious as usual and we even got a slice of chocolate cream pie to split for dessert. Mmm.

Some other fun food adventures this week include: making yogurt (done in the crock pot - really easy - followed a recipe from Myrrh's blog), cut up and froze a whole bunch of champagne mangoes, baked some yummy chocolate muffins, and plan to make cream cheese out of some of the yogurt I made, as soon as I find the cheese cloth.

Yogurt! Delicious with cut-up mango on top.

I have been tired this week. Maybe it's partly due to the gloomy, rainy days we've had, but I think it's mostly just that my body feels so heavy. I really can't bend down now without feeling VERY uncomfortable, and getting up from sitting/laying down is a huge effort every time. Also, getting in and out of the car feels like a chore, so it doesn't make running errands seem very fun.

Next week, we have another ultrasound scheduled and our first real visit with the midwives. I'm looking forward to the ultrasound because I'm curious what positions the babies are in.

A tired Jenny, 27 week belly picture.

My belly looks really big in this picture!

2 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful! What a wonderful dress on you too!

    If you can't find your cheese cloth, I know that different drummer in noho has unbleached stuff. In a pinch any woven fabric will do, but make sure it doesn't have any laundry soap residue.

    yay! Hooray for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow you're huge! And I love that dress. :)-Ann

    ReplyDelete