A picture holding the two cute critters Aunt Anne mailed with two sets of matching onesies for the girls.
Wednesday was a very busy day of baby-related appointments. At 8 a.m. we went to a short meeting with Dr. Steele at N.A.P. (Northampton Area Pediatrics). He is the hematology specialist at the practice and we wanted to meet with him before the babies are born, just in case they do have spherocytosis. The meeting went well, and we liked how he spoke with us. He seemed very interested and listened well.
At our ultrasound, directly after our meeting, Baybay was estimated at 6 lbs 11 oz., and Baybee was just behind her sister with a weight of 6 lbs 9 oz. Although these weights are good guesses, we were reminded that they are only guesses, and could be off by almost a pound. Everything else looked good, too. They were both doing practice breathing, moving around a bunch, and still surrounded by lots of fluid. They are such cooperative babies in every way, except for their positions.
After our ultrasound we had a meeting with Ruth at the Midwifery Center. This is where I finally broke down. I was so tired and when I found out that if we do have a c-section the cords will be cut immediately, I just started crying. A few minutes later, when we were actually *scheduling* a c-section, the tears just came flowing again. The midwife who runs our group appointments was around and was really nice in trying to comfort me and help me come to terms with things a little bit.
So, we have a date set. If Baybay doesn't flip head down by the morning of August 10th, 2011 we'll have a planned c-section, assuming I don't go into labor before then. It's unlikely she will flip at this point, but not impossible.
On the other side of the spectrum, Brett and I had a fun photo shoot with Selena on Thursday. The pictures aren't ready for show yet, but we'll put some up in the next few days. Thanks in advance to Selena taking her time with us and getting some really good photos to remember our pregnancy with.