Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week 34

Well, Baybay is still breach and Baybee is now transverse. Their little heads are right next to each other in the middle of my belly. Wah. Wah. I'm trying not to worry or feel depressed about this, even though that is hard to do. Staying positive will help them flip, right? That, and possibly lots of handstands in the water...

So, no vertex babies, but they are growing. Our ultrasound on Wednesday estimated their weight at 5 lb., 6 oz. each! This puts them in the 66th percentile, which is a great place to be.

34 weeks! My belly however, is measuring at 42 cm/weeks. That means I'm almost done, right? I got this shirt in the mail today from Mama. She and Amber found it at a thrift store for me. Despite it being too small to cover my whole belly, I love it.

I am fairly certain that I have started having Braxton Hicks (BH) contractions. A few times a day my whole belly will tighten for about 30 seconds. Sometimes this makes my belly lopsided and it feels funny, but doesn't hurt. Once in a while I get quite a few in a few hour span. My body is practicing, I guess.

Last Saturday we took a day trip to Long Pond, in Lakeville, MA, to visit with Brett's dad's side of the family. It was a long drive, but we had fun visiting with everyone. It was especially fun listening to the conversation about names for babies, including names in the family history.

Brett's Aunt Jill gave us a basket of things for the babies! She made those bears herself. They are so cute. Thanks Jill!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shirt. What a great find, Sherry and Amber!
    Those names are pretty cute... now just need middle names.
    I'm sending positive thoughts for flips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was doing my EMT training (and I learned about this too when I was in my OB rotation in nursing school) we were told that sometimes getting on all fours and kinda swaying your hips back and forth or in circles can help the baby turn. Don't know if it'll work the same way with twins (would there be enough room?) but you can mention it to your MD/midwife. I'm off to reply to Brett's email. :) You look lovely and you're almost there! -Ann

    ReplyDelete