Sunday, May 13, 2012

Then & Now...


Left: My Mama nursing her babies, Amber and me. (1981)
Right: Me nursing my babies, Maya & Ella. (2012)

My first Mother's Day! I am looking forward to a relaxing day spent with my family. My one goal: I hope to take a nap.

To my Mama: Thank you for taking care of me and for nursing me when I was a baby. You have always been there when I needed you the most. You cuddled me when I was small and you held my hand while I learned to stand on my own. You were there to kiss away the hurt when I stumbled, and your shoulder has always been the best to lean on when I have been sad. You are supportive and caring and you remember to laugh. When I have some exciting news, you are still one of the first people I want to tell. Thank you for loving me and being my Mama. Happy Mother's Day to you!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! Wonderful Mama's! Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful surprise to wake up and see your Mother's Day post! thank you, jenny, for your sweet words, pictures and (most especially) for being you. hard to believe my little baby who weighed just over 4 pounds when she was born now has two babies of her own. i hope you get to take a nap today. loveyouloveyouloveyoumuchly! mama

    ReplyDelete