Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Baybay & Baybee: Week 94 (5/22-5/28)

94 weeks old!

We started and ended this week with trips to the farmers market. On Wednesday, the girls and I went up to the Florence library for the afternoon market. We got some cucumber plants and a couple tomato plants.

Want to switch?

After we got our plants, Maya and Ella spent a while "jumping" off of this curb.

They didn't want to get back in the car to go home.

So we ran around in the grass by the library for a while.

Big stretch!

And because pictures aren't enough, I took a short video.

At the end of the week, we went to the Tuesday Market in Northampton. We got some kale, spinach, bread, and for a special treat, a few strawberries!

The strawberries were devoured rather quickly.

On Friday, Aunt Anne came for a visit. We're always happy to see her.  Here are a few pictures.

"Hi!" "Hi!"

We went for a walk around the block together.

Ella took this picture of her Great Aunt Anne!

I love their fashion choices.

Taking a break at the little stream.

A fun game right now is to dip their hand, or a toy, into the sand box and say, "dirty!" and then go rinse it off. Repeat.

You can't really tell, but this little toy frog (covered with dirt in Ella's hand) went home with Aunt Anne (unknowingly to her in her pocket) last time she came to visit. Ella was very excited to see it again!

I got a couple fun things from the thrift store this week. I noticed a little wooden scooter in the toy section (while I was browsing the shoes) and made a beeline for it. After inspecting it (and seeing that it was only $4.00!), I quickly claimed it as my own and carried it around the store while I did the rest of my shopping. Two people commented on what a great find it was while I was still in the store. I also got two adorable dresses.

Maya tries out the new scooter.

The scooter is left behind because this puddle needs immediate attention.

 Maya's new dress.

 Ella's new dress.

Both are a tiny bit big still.  I put a clothes pin on Ella's shoulder straps to keep it from falling off until we sew it/she grows.

Sometimes two hands just aren't enough.

Beautiful Maya.

Here are some pictures from a fun afternoon at the park with Dada. I love that he takes the girls out on adventures as often as he does. It's so nice for me to have a break. It's also fun when he remembers to take the camera with him, so I get to look at all the great pictures later!

On the see-saw.

On the big swing!

Brett has been teaching the girls how to pump their legs on the swings. I'm still nervous about having them sit on the big swings when I take them to the park. I let let them do it, but when Brett is with them, he encourages it and gives them much bigger pushes than I do!

Whee!

New words this week: blueberry (boo-bewy), stop, go, tah-pee (they say this for "potty" but they can both also say the word "potty" as well) and when Aunt Anne was here, Maya said for the first time, "More please"!

For the past week or so one of us has been singing to the girls in their room while they fall asleep for the night. This has been working really well, and though it requires one of us to sit with them for a while, I've been enjoying the the time (and especially the singing) for the most part. The song, "Where have you been?" written by Bill Harley, (which I grew up listening to by sung by Priscilla Herdman) is their favorite song right now.

The sleep clock that we set up has also been working well. It glows blue for nighttime and turns yellow in the morning, which is set right now for 5:15 a.m. We plan to move that time slowly forward as they get more used to how it works. They do seem to be getting it! On Friday, they both slept all night until Maya woke around 4 a.m.. Brett walked her back to bed and she went back to sleep and didn't come out of the room again until the clock turned yellow. Ella slept until 5:20!

Here are a few other pictures from the week!

Playing at Cup and Top.

A new lily blooming in the yard!

Playing with the marbles with Grandma.

Start them young.

Sandbox play.

Filling up the dump truck.

I just LOVE this picture.

Playing in the rain is all kinds of fun.

All wet and happy.

Purple Anemone in the back yard.


Holding both hands while they swing.


Two hats! Someone is not amused.

Hugs for Uncle Guy.

1 comment:

  1. It's all too cute! Thanks so much for sharing your lives with this blog Jenny.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete