Monday, January 10, 2011

Twins!!

We are having TWO BABIES!! I am completely stunned.

Our first prenatal appointment was this morning. I am now three days into my ninth week. I was nervous about the appointment because I really can't tell that I'm pregnant, and even though nothing alarming has happened, it's hard not to worry about the possibility of a miscarriage. When the ultrasound tech said, "YOU'RE having twins!" my reaction was to start crying. Brett held my hand tightly and we made it through the rest of the appointment together in a state of shocked excitement.

The babies are most likely fraternal twins, or dizygotic twins, meaning that they originated from two different eggs. They are the most common type of twins, and occur about 75% of the time. Unlike identical twins, fraternal twins are no more genetically similar than two siblings would be.

Here is our first picture of our babies, baby A and baby B!

No comments:

Post a Comment