Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Baybay & Baybee: Week 41

41 weeks old!

I put a mirror in the living room and it was a HUGE hit this week. Maya, especially, is in love with her reflection.

Who is that cute baby in the mirror?

Ella has learned how to give kisses! When I ask her, "May I have a kiss?" she will lean in, open her mouth and give me a big wet smooch on my lips! It's adorable. Maya has given a few kisses also, but often just ignores my requests. Another fun little thing that Ella does sometimes, is give me her pacifier. When I ask for it, she takes it out of her mouth and offers it up to me. Sometimes she will just do this on her own without my asking. Almost always though, when I go to take it, she quickly pulls it away and puts the pacifier back in her mouth. She thinks this is hilarious.

"Look, Mama! I'm brushing my teeth!"

We have been eating a lot of watermelon. The girls like it almost as much as I do. I can't wait until it's watermelon season around here! I have a feeling that we will go through a lot of fruit this summer.

Eating lunch.

Watermelon attack!

Guy got our grill hooked up/working this week AND came over to grill food for us a bunch of times! Evan and Merry also cooked us a delicious dinner one evening. It's so nice to have food made for us. Sometimes (okay, most of the time) we get to the end of the day and we are exhausted. It's so helpful to not have to think about what's for dinner after a long day! Such a treat.

Over the weekend, we had a little tag sale. We just put a few things out, and didn't sell much. But, we did buy an awesome bike trailer that Guy found at another tag sale! So far we have only tried it once, for a very short ride. The girls weren't happy, mostly because of the helmets. We will try again another day.

We got some garden work done while the girls hung out in their swings. Brett did some trimming, while I pulled some weeds.

Maya's cute smirk.

Playing happily together.

We were all hanging out in the living room one afternoon when Maya decided to try standing up all by herself...

...she pushed up on the toy bucket...

...and stood for 13 seconds while flapping her arms and laughing! She was so proud!

Bath tub fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment