Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 21

On Friday, I finished the 21st week. The most exciting development was being able to feel the babies kick (from the outside) for the first time! I have been feeling them flip and move around for a while, but this week they really started kicking me. I was so excited for Brett to be able to feel them!

Week 21 belly picture!

We received a wonderful present in the mail this week from Katie and Dave. A Snoogle pillow!

It's VERY comfortable. I have mostly used it for naps during the day so far, but it's nice at night, too. I love how soft and cozy it feels to snuggle up with. It's also useful to prop myself up if I'm reading, or using the computer. Thanks so much Dave and Katie!!

(Brett also finds it very comfortable.)

On Sunday, while Brett was away at a Scrabble tournament, I went to a parents of multiples group meeting, at Cradle in Northampton. The group meets once a month and is for parents who are expecting twins (or more!), or parents who already have young twins.

Everyone at the group was SO nice, were happy to answer questions and talk about their birth and pregnancy experience. I wasn't the only other expecting mama at the meeting. Benita and her husband Sam, who are also pregnant with their first children, were there too! Benita is due the same week in August as I am! Just like us, they were very surprised to find out that they were expecting twins. Unlike us, they are having two boys.

I am so glad that I went to the meeting. I think that it's going to be a great resource for us as we continue through the rest of the pregnancy, as well as after the babies are born.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love the snoogle pictures!! How nice that you've found another couple expecting twins the same week as you!

    ReplyDelete