Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baybay & Baybee: Week 38

38 weeks old!

This is what happens when both roll toward each other on the way to getting up.

Well, I've gotten a few weeks behind again on posts. The days feel like they are moving so quickly right now (maybe because both girls are on the move!) and it's amazing to me that it's already been 9 months since the girls were born. I really can't remember what my life was like before I was a Mama. I know I got more sleep, but I have no recollection of what that felt like.

Tornado?

Even though it was somewhat cool this week, I made the time to work outside in the garden. So far we have kale, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, swiss chard and bok choy planted. Mainly what I've been working on though, is weeding the flower gardens in the back yard. It always feels great to get outside and do something in the garden, even if it's just for 10 minutes.

Maya Lilac.

Ella LOVES our new swings.

So happy!

I could swing all day!
(Notice Ella's adorable bottom teeth in this picture?)



Video of the week!

Both girls had runny noses (Maya's was a little worse than Ella's) all week. We haven't noticed any other signs of a cold, but their naps haven't lasted long (sometimes as short as 30 minutes--eesh). so they have both been tired and cranky. We are all so, so, tired. When will we feel fully rested again? Maybe never, is what it feels like some days. I've been thinking that it would be immensely helpful to have a babysitter come play with the girls for a couple hours, maybe twice a week. Hopefully, I can make that happen soon.

Reading stories before bed.

Maya's newest thing is to pull up onto EVERYTHING. She has become quite skilled at it. So much so that if you are walking by and stop for just a moment, you will have a Maya standing up attached to your leg. She is working on bending down to pick up toys from standing, (while holding on with the other hand) and she is just starting to work on cruising along the furniture.

I can stand!

Playing with her sister.
(Really what was going on here was a game of steal the pacifier.)

At the play group on Sunday, Maya (on the right) and her friend Olivia, have fun standing and patting the radiator in the room.

A great thrift store find! Brett shows the girls how to build a really tall tower with our new Legos.

Plus, they came in a really fun box!

We look forward to Wednesdays, when we get to go to HooteNanny! Maya and Ella seem to be enjoying it every week, and Brett and I have a great time singing along to all the songs. We have a CD from the class, which we play at home sometimes. The girls already seem to recognize the songs.

Maya sits in the middle while everyone dances around to one of the songs. Ella was happy to play with her toy and listen.

Maya was fascinated with Katryna's guitar. This is the first class we've been to where she could really crawl around. She moved herself into the middle here and for a few songs just sat and listened. So cute!

My favorite picture of Ella this week.

My favorite picture of Maya this week (saving some broccoli for later).

Ahh, two sleeping babies.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful as usual! your writing and pictures make me feel like i'm there. thank you! i hope you get some sleep. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete