Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 32

32 weeks!! I'm so excited to have made it through this milestone week. Many babies are born around this time and I haven't even had any signs of labor yet. Woohoo!

On Tuesday, we met with a pediatrician at Northampton Area Pediatrics (NAP). NAP is a fairly large practice, with a total of nine doctors and two nurse practitioners, and they are looking to re-add a tenth doctor. The office was nice enough, and we liked that there were two entrances: one for well patients and one for sick patients. The pediatrician we met was fairly relaxed and was responsive to our questions and concerns (not that we had many). She said that there was one doctor in the practice that specializes in oncology and hematology, which was nice to hear because there is a good chance that at least one of the girls will have spherocytosis. When we later looked up his profile on their website, it mentions that he juggles and bicycles and gardens, and is shown wearing a wizard's costume. Maybe he's the one for us?

In any case, we think we feel comfortable enough with the NAP practice to sign on there, and you just can't beat their hours: 8am-8pm on weekdays (with the first hour designated for walk-in care!) and 9am-5pm on weekends. Other benefits include the close relationship they have with the hospital we will use, and the fact that they are only about a mile away!

This picture hangs on the wall in the waiting area at NAP. How could we not choose them?

Yesterday we had a growth ultrasound to check on the babies. They are huge. Baby A is estimated at 4 lbs 5 oz, and baby B is 4 lbs 8 oz!! I was totally shocked to find out that they are so big already. When I was born, I weighed what baby A weighs now. Amazing. Now I know why my body has been feeling so heavy these past few weeks. There is almost 9 pounds of baby in there!

Less than exciting news from the ultrasound: both babies are no longer in a head down position. Baby A is sitting almost totally vertical on my left side, while baby B is on the right side with her head up, but her body more curled around in backwards "c" shape. Boo. The ultrasound also took a really long time because the babies were moving around so much that it was hard for the technician to get good pictures of them. Baby B actually flipped head down and then back during the appointment! At least we know that there is still space for them to move around in there. I came away from the ultrasound feeling pretty down, and I'm worried that they won't flip into a good position before it's time for them to come out.

Selena took some pretty pictures of my henna belly this week. Brett, Selena and I also all went swimming together on Tuesday when it was really hot. Jim sat on the rocks and played flute while we swam. This was my first real swim of the year and it felt great!

Belly!

I like the shadows in this picture.

Selena offers me help getting in the water. It was chilly, but once I got in, it felt wonderful!

Yay for swimming!

Sleeping at night has gotten quite annoying again. I am just not comfortable for long, no matter what I do. Last night I was up almost every hour and finally got some rest on the couch after it was time to get up. I try to keep telling myself that it's not much longer, and my body won't hurt and feel so heavy like this forever, but it's hard to remember that at 3:00 a.m.

On a brighter note, my lily in the backyard that I've been watching every day...

...finally opened!!

No comments:

Post a Comment