Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 28

I've made it through the 28th week. Getting to this point in my pregancy feels like a huge milestone. This week marks (well, depending on how you count) the start of the third trimester! Also, if the twins were to be born now, they would have a 90% chance of surviving. Of course, they will stay in there and keep doing a great job of growing, but it is nice to know they would likely be okay if they had to be born this early.

28 week belly, toes & daisies.

I woke up this morning to a really terrible dream and didn't want to go back to sleep. Even though it was only 5:00 a.m., Brett got up with me and together we made banana bread and then while it was cooking we played a game of Ticket to Ride Europe. It was okay that Brett won because we both got to eat banana bread.

Our appointment at the Center for Midwifery today went well. I am measuring 34 centimeters (Fundal height), so a little more than a month ahead, which is normal for twins. The visit was very comfortable and I am feeling so good about our choice to switch to the midwives. Our next check-up will hopefully be in a group setting in a few weeks, with a bunch of other parents all due around the same time as us. I'm looking forward to that!

1 comment: